A Year Ago Today

A Year Ago Today

Oncewaslost

Registrant
Today 1-24-22 marks the one year anniversary of the day my brother-in-law committed suicide.

A year ago today,
you made your decision
To set yourself free
from your personal prison

You tried to warn us all
But nobody could listen
You seemed happier than ever,
But your smile was missing

Last time you got low
You let me come help you
This time you stepped off a bucket
Damn, what the fuck dude!

I'm so fucking angry,
I'm so fucking sad.
What you've done to this family,
Is worse than all bad.

Today's your daughter's birthday
You fucking piece of shit
Do you really think
She's ever going to get over it

We were doing so good,
We'd all came so far.
Now all I have left of you,
Is kept in a jar.

Last edited:
@Oncewaslost, Man, I am really sorry for your pain and grief. I lost my sister a year ago in December. I felt like she left on purpose and didn't want to try anymore. These internal feelings of anger and sadness can be and are overwhelming. I hope this expression of words, that is very good can help you relieve some of those feelings. Peace! LRD

I'm sorry for your loss as well. I am also sorry that I have not been responding much, I am in deep with therapy and tbh some of the poetry is a little overwhelming, so I have been trying to stay away so I know that I am safe. I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond.

I'm sorry for your loss as well. I am also sorry that I have not been responding much, I am in deep with therapy and tbh some of the poetry is a little overwhelming, so I have been trying to stay away so I know that I am safe. I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond.
I glad to here you are taking care and have some help processing. Just give it some time. Poetry is just another form of processing and you will know when it feels right to do so. It’s like a double dose of grief,
loss of someone close and dealing with abuse. I know you are feeling a lot of pain.
Pulling for you man! LRD

Your poem's great, it kinda breaks you. I don't know the rest of your story but this would be enough. Sorry's not enough, but sorry man, so sorry. Thanks for sharing, you're gonna be in my thoughts today.

Today 1-24-22 marks the one year anniversary of the day my brother-in-law committed suicide.

A year ago today,
you made your decision
To set yourself free
from your personal prison

You tried to warn us all
But nobody could listen
You seemed happier than ever,
But your smile was missing

Last time you got low
You let me come help you
This time you stepped off a bucket
Damn, what the fuck dude!

I'm so fucking angry,
I'm so fucking sad.
What you've done to this family,
Is worse than all bad.

Today's your daughter's birthday
You fucking piece of shit
Do you really think
She's ever going to get over it

We were doing so good,
We'd all came so far.
Now all I have left of you,
Is kept in a jar.
Hugs,

Sorry for your loss. When I was 6, I remember a boy of about my age, we were talking, and I found out that his had hung himself in their basement. I can't recall who found him, whether is was my "friend", or the mother, but either way, for me it was a shock that anyone could do that to themselves. I'm sure my freind was hurting way more than he showed. We were just outside on the street talking. After that, I never saw him again. My parents told me the father hung himself, because he had been taking drugs and that's what made him do it. I was not told any more than that.

It's sad that there are so many hurts in life, hurts that no one wants or needs, but we have to live with them, and hopefully have someone with love to share, help us through those hurts.

Hugs.
D