A recent trigger minutes ago.

Eyes1111

Registrant
I was just watching Hell's Kitchen, a reality gameshow where chefs compete for a job at one of Gordon Ramsey's high class restaurants.

It was the season finale and two contestants were left, a male and a female. After choosing their own teams, one of the people the male chosen (a woman) says "Being on his team kinda sucks because I want her to win because she's a woman and I'm all for female empowerment".

I was insensed and swore at the screen. "FUCK OFF!`, and was trying my best to avoid slipping into hurt as has been what I`ve been making effort to do since my last appointment with my psychiartist.

Right now, my blood is boiling and a small mist is fermulating in front of my eyes. This is the kind of female empowerment I hate the most and it sets me off, taking me back to those times when women and girls were malicious to me.

I`m doing okay for now. But please someone give me reassurance. Because I feel like I`m the only one who finds this `I want her to win because she`s a woman` reprehensible and really sexist beyond belife. Credentials FIRST, gender LAST!

Last edited by a moderator:

mogigo

Registrant
Wow eyes, I'm so with you on this. Thought I was the only one lol. Alot of groups have screamed for equality but that's not really what they want.

The only reassurance I can give you is that in the long long run it will just switch around to another group screaming for MORE power than another group has. Only the truly gifted really want equality. the rest just scream for social engineering to place them in a position of power.

Hopefully those gifted with an ability to see farther than a hundred years will increase and progress toward true equality will happen.

Stay strong
Mike

joelRT

Member, Male
Eyes,

I too really hear you. I used to come unglued the way you still do whenever I would see blatant Misandry flash across my TV screen.

A lot of therapy later coupled with a great deal of introspection has enabled me to sort out my hyper-reactivity from reality.

I had very serious issues where the female gender is concerned BECAUSE of my history with my mother, but the truth is this; Misandry does exist in our society, just not to the extent that I perceived it.

Keep working to settle your issues with the female gender. That won't change your reality or the truth of the society we live in, but it will go a long way to bringing peace and balance to your spirit. You'll be a much calmer and happier man for it. I know I am :)

Eyes1111

Registrant
What gets me set off is not so much the fact that misandry exists. Rather, whenever someone makes a misandric comment (particlarly a woman) they are exhalted for it. Even some men are prone to misandric comments as well on occassion.

Imagine if a man on Hell's Kitchen said "I'm pulling for him to win because he's a man and I'm all for male empowerment", the show would be flooded with criticism from all sectors of society. But mix women, "Female Empowerment" and "She's a woman. She deserves it." and you get praise. Not me. I see it as sexist period. And no, not "Just as bad as sexism" or "Related to sexism" like others who go to great lengths to minimise it. No, sexism PERIOD.

The only solace I can grant myself is in writing and I've been writing a one-man show addressing male sexual abuse from a female. It's a tale that needs to be told because people (BOTH genders) still treat male victims as third-class citizens, worser if their perpetuators were women.

Anyway, that's my rant. I'll eventually find peace. It happens everytime when I try to come to terms with certain past experiences.

joelRT

Member, Male
Eyes1111 said:
I see it as sexist period.
I couldn't agree more. Women set Mysandry in motion in our modern age and men, for want of sex, went right along with it and now, 40+ years later, participate in it and promote it, albeit unwittingly.

I'm gonna shut up here, because I feel a serious rant comin' on........

dark empathy

Registrant
Eyes, it's a major relief for me to see your post.

Having actually studdied ethics for several years (and am currently writing a phd thesis), I've had a very defigned position on genda equality, ----- equality being the word.

I've also however come into contact with some of the worse misandry (nice term), you can imagine.

One of the most horrible experience I remember involved an incredibly unpleasant feminist lecturer giving what was supposed to be an introductory lecture on the ethics of sexuality, which started with the words "%70 of men would rape a womanif they could"

Having been through ridicule and practical gang rape at the hands of girls, I had to physically stop myself from getting up in the middle of the lecture and yelling.

Eventually, the only way I made it through was by turning on some music on the laptop I was taking notes on, and inreasing the volume through my headphones to the point I couldn't hear said lecturer.

I have in fairness met some incredibly reasonable feminists, ----I considder myself one, but the very vocal edge of feminism is incredibly scary.

Disturbingly, I think rather than a society in which Genda is reguarded as roughly as important as hair colour, things seem to be going towards a state of affairs Robbert heinlein proposed, in which there are four gendas, male male, male female, female male, and female female.

Being a "Female male" if you want to classify things that way, the fact that aggression and competition are now seen as desirable genda characteristics is something I find incredibly worrying.

One day, I do hope to write academically on this subject, ----- though I have to deal with things first so that I'm more in a state where I can write.

I'll stop wranting now, ---- sorry for the really long post, I admit, this is one of my pet subjects.

Eyes1111

Registrant
dark empathy said:
Eyes, it's a major relief for me to see your post.

Having actually studdied ethics for several years (and am currently writing a phd thesis), I've had a very defigned position on genda equality, ----- equality being the word.

I've also however come into contact with some of the worse misandry (nice term), you can imagine.

One of the most horrible experience I remember involved an incredibly unpleasant feminist lecturer giving what was supposed to be an introductory lecture on the ethics of sexuality, which started with the words "%70 of men would rape a womanif they could"

Having been through ridicule and practical gang rape at the hands of girls, I had to physically stop myself from getting up in the middle of the lecture and yelling.

Eventually, the only way I made it through was by turning on some music on the laptop I was taking notes on, and inreasing the volume through my headphones to the point I couldn't hear said lecturer.

I have in fairness met some incredibly reasonable feminists, ----I considder myself one, but the very vocal edge of feminism is incredibly scary.

Disturbingly, I think rather than a society in which Genda is reguarded as roughly as important as hair colour, things seem to be going towards a state of affairs Robbert heinlein proposed, in which there are four gendas, male male, male female, female male, and female female.

Being a "Female male" if you want to classify things that way, the fact that aggression and competition are now seen as desirable genda characteristics is something I find incredibly worrying.

One day, I do hope to write academically on this subject, ----- though I have to deal with things first so that I'm more in a state where I can write.

I'll stop wranting now, ---- sorry for the really long post, I admit, this is one of my pet subjects.

My big bone of contention with feminism as it is now, aside from some feminists claiming my problems don't count because they're nothing compared to what women go through (and this is their polite way of saying it. Otherwise, it's "Check your priveledge"), is they'd rather not pay any heed to male victims of female abuse. They deny it by making the following excuses:

-Men cannot be sexually abused as it involves penetration.

-Men are priveledged. Their abuse doesn't count.

-Women abuse because they're victimised

It's sickening in my view and is what turned me off full sympathy to them. Used to spare a ton of empathy and good-will towards their struggles until this seedy underbelly was unearthed. Doubly terrible since I've been bullied by both men and women, boys and girls, in my youth.

I'm still sympathetic to the core meaning, but not towards feminism today as it has long since moved away from equality. And have abandoned any hope of feeling comfortable with them as what I went through seems to go against their theories.

Again, my play is my only solace. It'll likely ruffle a few feathers but I don't give a damn. This story needs telling.

Okay, I'm tired.