A Birthday.

A Birthday.

Bostonirish

New Registrant
Today is my 80th Birthday. But more important to me it's my fraternal brothers 80th Birthday as well.
He was a moderator here in MS, he was very active in the various forums & a great mentor.
His name is pufferfish, aka known as Allen B. Davis. He helped just about everyone, seriously.
He also knew when we all needed a break. He would post cartoons & everyday trivia.
Well one day he just disappeared from MS, plus he was to meet up with me at a friends wedding in Kansas.
The last words he said to me was he fell down & hit his head on a rock & he was going to see a doctor. That's
the last words he ever said to me. He had his heart set on meeting us up in Kansas.
I tried to find out what happened to him. Was he in the hospital? Was he dead? I had his mailing address & phone number.
A friend here in MS was going to Chatanoga (sp) & he will drive by his address. He did & no one was there.
He knew that Allen had a sister close by. He did some investigation. He found out that he had filled out a power of attorney to his sister.
I tried to get ahold of his sister by phone quite a few times. Finally she answered my call inquiring what happened to Allen?
Things went down hill pretty fast. She quizzed me & I told her that Allen was a good friend of mine. She asked me just who in the hell are you?
How do I know that she replied? Well, I am not going to answer your questions. Well lady how would I have his home address & telephone address,
unless he gave it to me? Well Mr. Corbett if you call me again I'll get the police after you.
So on Allen's 80th Birthday I'll wish him a Happy & Healing Birthday. If Allen is dead I'll send my greetings up to Heaven, and ask him to remember his fraternal
brothers in his prayers.
Pete Irishmoose.

I've seen posts by pufferfish. Sounds like he was a good man.
So sorry that woman treated you with such vehement suspicion.
Unfortunately people can be....ah, let's not even go there.
Happy Birthday to you and Allen, wherever he is.

Last edited: