The Abuse I Endured is Only Part of my Story.

The Abuse I Endured is Only Part of my Story.

Mr.Drumz

Registrant
Hello! I am so glad to have found this amazing site. I've already been interacting, and it's really nice to have others that understand what I'm going through. My username is Mr. Drumz, but you can call me "Will" if you would like.

I was 8 years old when I was molested by my father. While only sexually abused once (which is still bad, don't get me wrong), I was also physically and verbally abused until my teenage years. My parents were raging alcoholics. I am now in my early 20s (I noticed I'm one of the younger guys here), I live on my own, and I just started coming out about my abuse back in May of 2019. That's only part of my story though.

I enjoy playing drums. Hence the username. I'm very active in my church, and I help mentor with our youth there. My dream would be to tour with music, but that's a difficult thing to get into. I plan on studying Psychology in the Fall of 2020. Anyway, I'm pretty much an open book, so feel free to ask me any questions by message. Thank you, and while it's sad thing why we are all here, I'm so happy to meet everyone with this amazing site.

I am new to MS as well Will. I have been in therapy for about 2.5 years, only discovering/admitting the sexual abuse about 1 year ago. I'm in my early thirties and wish that I had found out sooner like you! Everyone's journey is unique though and progress will be made when we are ready.

Cheers and welcome to the community!

welcome to M/S Will it was nice chatting hope to see u there again BB

I am new to MS as well Will. I have been in therapy for about 2.5 years, only discovering/admitting the sexual abuse about 1 year ago. I'm in my early thirties and wish that I had found out sooner like you! Everyone's journey is unique though and progress will be made when we are ready.

Cheers and welcome to the community!
Thank you, and it's nice to meet you. Sorry it has to be in this way though. I just started therapy 2 months ago. I came out about my abuse 4 or 5 months ago. Its definitely been a journey.

@Mr.Drumz
Welcome to MS.
I was about your age when I started my journey. I want to encourage you to never give up. The rewards of peeling away a these issues are just to great to forfeit.
I wasn’t abused a lot. But one thing I learned is each instance made the next more likely. I am sorry he ever touched you. What did that teach you what was acceptable to endure?

Mr.Drumz,
Welcome to the best club you never wanted to join. You are safe here, share as little/lot as you would like. :)

I was 8 years old when I was molested by my father. While only sexually abused once (which is still bad, don't get me wrong), I was also physically and verbally abused until my teenage years.

nice to "meet" you, Will! Welcome to the community. I am sure you will find it very helpful in your healing journey, as I have.

I was also abused physically, verbally, and sexually - by a (step)father from age 5 1/2 to 18. I know that can be a very toxic cocktail. The physical and verbal abuse stopped when i was 13 but the verbal stuff continued until i left home. and really, it has never stopped even after he died when i was 34 - because i still hear his voice and those favorite phrases in my head. sometime i think the verbal abuse can be more harmful than the other kinds.

glad you found us, but sorry you needed to,
Lee

Hi Will, yes your at the right place. You will get support but most you will be ear in peace and friendship. I was also abuse by my father and lots of guys here toke care of me. So for now take care.

Jean-Pierre