deleted

This sounds so incredible!

I currently am looking after a feral cat.
She is soooooooooooo loving and affectionate .

Hope people jump at the chance.
Animals can really be healing.

James

I see so many people helped by service dogs. I hope some day to have one of my own.

Are you a veteran with PTSD or another issue? We know where you can get a trained and certified service dog (not a companion animal).

We received our service dog from a trainer in Texas. They specialize in veterans with PTSD and other issues, providing the training, travel, and documentation to us for nothing. Chelsey (picture below) performs functions specific to our issues. Just a few examples, she clears rooms and spaces on command, creates space by placing herself between us and anyone who approaches and identifies episodes at night or in the daytime to alert my wife. She does so much more than that, but that's a taste.

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, but we had no idea programs like this existed until we met someone who was familiar with this particular outfit. We know there are a lot of other programs out there, but we can vouch for this one. http://www.shepherdsforlostsheepinc.org Amazing compassionate people. It took a little paperwork and a little time, but Chelsey has allowed us to do things that we didn't think possible just a year ago. Maybe, just maybe, a special bond can help do that for some of you guys!

BEAUTY!!!! I have been looking for something like this. Thank you. I will check it out.

tried to fill out application on webpage, but no longer have a copy of DD 214, will have to wait until I am capable of figuring out how to get a copy. Sent the a message on facebook...but am just struggling too much right now to be able to follow through. Will have to wait and see if they can hlpe me out with that. Thank you for the resource though, maybe it will come together at some point.

found a dd214 on my laptop. It was not in a format acceptable to their application page so I asked if the would accpet it via email or some other format. Fingers crossed!

Not a military survivor here, but as someone who has had a survice dog for the last 9 years (a guide dog in my case), I can really see the value in this idea.

dogs change how you interact with people, indeed for me, the reduction of people who wanted to grab hold of me dropped dramatically once I got a guide dog, quite apart from the fact that it simply reduced the concentration level and basic stress requirements of being in public, and of course if i did! have a fugue or struggle to get somewhere, I could always trust Reever.

Likewise, hahving a large black retriever between you and a huge crowd of people makes life a hell of a lot easier. Before I got Reever I was suffering mild agoraphobia due to my fear around crowds, Reever's ability to provide at least a little physical distance massively helped with this. I also really like the fact that Reever gives me a great excuse to have an empty seat beside me on the train or buss, and even book two seats anyway, meaning a huge reduction in physical proximity problems.
So, while obviously the circumstances aren't %100 the same, I definitely think this is a wonderful idea.

This sounds so incredible!

I currently am looking after a feral cat.

She is soooooooooooo loving and affectionate .

Hope people jump at the chance.

Animals can really be healing.

James

My favorite cat was "feral" - became my buddy. Would wait for me to come home from work and walk me into my house (more like a dog). Broke my heart when he died. He was a very cool cat.

I have a certified PTSD service dog. Three and a half years with Jax and it has helped me tremendously.

I have a service dog and he has made a world of difference to me. He belonged to another vet that died and I took him otherwise he would been sent to a pound. My anxiety level has dropped. He can sense when I am having a nightmare and wakes me up. Also, if I am having flashbacks, he can bring me out of it with a light bite to my hand. Doesn't even break the skin, but it works.

Seems I wont qualify. Though I served in U.S 82D ABN-INF...I didn't break until I was a MARSS bar serving on the Canadian side. They cut the service dog program here years ago. C'est la vie. Guess I crashed and burned too late.