New Forum and Chat Platform - Questions & Concerns

New Forum and Chat Platform - Questions & Concerns
we ask for your patience
I appreciate all you do I was just posting what I see. It takes time I know and do understand. thanks for all your efforts.
The knock knock came from my post in chat trying to find out if anyone was there, was not meant to you or any of the good people that volunteer their time to give us this place to come to. I am sure things will get better. I echo bb's post. Thanks for all you do

Thank you moderators and admin for all that you do for this site. It is appreciated.

Fellow Members,

I wanted to share a update with you all on the chatroom program. I had a scheduled meeting with our software developer yesterday. I shared with him the list of updates/addons with him and requested a bid. I am hopeful that we will get a estimate back in the next couple of weeks and we can review and move forward on updates. I want to thank all of you for the feedback and suggestions on how we can make it a better more user friendly platform. Please know while we had a great list of request we will not be able accommodate all the suggestions/requests, but we are trying.

Your voice is always heard,
Nathan

Members,

I wanted to inform you all that last night we did a routine upgrade on the Discussion Board software, you may notice little tweaks here an there but nothing major was changed on the front facing side of the Discussion Board. This was a security and stability upgrade not a features upgrade. I want to thank all who have helped with Donations this year to support these much needed upgrades to the Discussion Board and Chatroom.

Nathan

In reply to Ceremony, I'm not on Facebook anymore so that wouldn't work to begin with for me. Where do I go to find out about being a paying member?

We appreciate all the work you do, just wanted to pass along that the chat seems to have crashed. It is only displaying a blue screen at the moment
Seems to be working now!

Members,

I wanted to inform you all that last night we had our first wave of chatroom upgrades done. We have other upgrades that are in process with ETA's for 2022, here is what was addon/upgraded to your chatroom.

Exit Room button - Members can now exit induvial rooms and will no longer show up in that chatroom members list
Sounds - Members will have the audio notification when there are new pms, new messages in rooms, user enter rooms
PM Window - Members now have the ability to hide/Show PMs and expand the PM List
Chatroom user counts summary (Work in progress) - When you first log into chat you will see a counter of how many members are in each induvial chatroom.

Have a great one,

Nathan

Sounds are nice.

I noticed that the +Chat button used to bring up a user list (online & offline) but now it just brings up an empty box with a text field for filter that is pretty useless.

hi Nathan, fyi peoples names keep blinking in and out without guys leaving or doing anything and the sound prompts go off when it happens, BB

Thank you @savage_sid and @betrayed boy for the feedback, looking into it now. I also wanted to let everyone know that the "Ignore user" feature as been added into our chat program. To access it you hover your mouse over the username and on the right hand side hit the three dots and select ignore.

Thank you all for providing feedback on this exciting new chatroom for us,

I REALLY appreciate the sound activation on new entries/posts. I can "lurk" while perusing the forum if the room is empty and start conversations when the alert sounds.

@iaccus No I had not though about having a overall counter on the menu bar on the forum, I will add it to my list.
@manipulated glad your finding the sound notification helpful!

Thanks Nathan

Notice some of the upgrades yesterday, they all make chat a better place.

Thanks for all you and the rest of the volunteer staff all you do for us.