Jeepers Creepers (possible triggers)

Jeepers Creepers (possible triggers)

AlexBoyd

Registrant
Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?

The man next door was an eye doctor.
No joke--he was, and he gazed in all of mine.
He would murmur, "Such pretty peepers,"
Looking inside me as he did unseemly things.

He made me look into his eyes, all of them,
Through his camera, too, capturing me
On film, locking me in his pictures,
Teaching me to see what he saw.

"To help you remember, so you won't ever forget,"
He whispered. So, so quiet. Just the sound
Of the Polaroid sliding out, and his bated breath
As my image appeared bit by bit before my own eyes.

You've all seen my eye--only one of mine.
It's my avatar, my symbol here.
Some of you even call it aggressive and creepy.
Maybe it's a window to his ghost, not my soul.

A slideshow plays in my mind, without notice.
You'll see images flashing if you look too closely,
So I'll keep you at arm's length,
And dare not show more than one eye.

I understand your eye now, more and more each day. What a horror that must have been, Alex.
Your poem speaks the truth.

Darren, thanks for the comment. This poem took a turn that I didn't expect, but I simply latched onto its tail and allowed it to lead me where it would.

Your avatar eye is intense, I must even admit a bit intimidating. However, I viewed it as a pushback sight against a past transgression that will not be allowed to expand and thrive. Reading this wonderfully written poem gives me a deeper insight into the lyrics you write.

Thanks @earlybird for commenting, and you are partially right about my avatar being a pushback kind of not-going-to-tolerate-shit-any-longer expression.

Hi Alex,
You mentioned this poem in another post and I was able to locate it and very glad I did. I am sorry you experienced that Alex, I am sorry for all the pain. I see your eye avatar nearly every day and I always thought I was looking at you, not him. I thought of the intense eye looking at me as you watching as close as possible what is before you, whether it is here on this site or in life. It is , to me, you on alert. It’s not creepy, or you trying to be aggressive, it’s is you watching out for you. That’s what I see.

I posted a poem several months ago regarding my rape in the third grade by a doctor. I removed it after I felt shame from the post. After reading what you wrote here, I have decided to repost my poem about some of the abuse I experienced. The doctor who abused me whispered to me too.

Thank you Alex for mentioning this poem. It has helped me see, through your eyes, your words, that we are victims, and our stories matter and are nothing to be ashamed about. By the way, the poem is excellent. Since I am trying to abandon shame, I will admit it made me cry.

I posted a poem several months ago regarding my rape in the third grade by a doctor. I removed it after I felt shame from the post. After reading what you wrote here, I have decided to repost my poem about some of the abuse I experienced. The doctor who abused me whispered to me too.
Thank you Rick. I know you wrote this to Alex, but I missed those poems of yours.