The Unexpected

The Unexpected

Ryan15

Member, Male
As of late my dad has not been doing very well. On Monday, I had to call 911 because he was having difficulty walking, standing up, and doing other things. Because he is a heavy drinker we knew that his liver was bad--which was confirmed at the ER. However, what the family did not expect was that my dad had tested positive for Covid. We were all shocked as my dad never goes anywhere, let alone outside. So, we all got tested ourselves, and so fat everybody has tested negative, including myself. We also requested that my dad be retested in hopes that it is a false positive.

I live with my dad, and because I have been sick myself for the last few weeks, my aunt wants me to be retested to make sure that I do not have the virus. At first I thought I was sick as a result of the vaccines, but maybe I may have something else. I was told that I need to go back to my doctor and get tested for strep, (which I turned down earlier today,) and find out what exactly I have. Although the majority of my symptoms have gone away, I still have a lingering cough and have thrown up twice within the last week.

I am very worried because I may have given my dad something. Within the last few weeks I have had a cough, a sore throat, and a fever for a few days which got up to 102.5 degrees. My chest also hurts when I cough. Because I tested negative for the flu and Covid, I thought that maybe I was sick from the vaccines, or perhaps maybe I might have bronchitis. I do not know what to do. I am trying not to get too worked up over it. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

TW16

That's tough man. I hope your father is ok. Covid has given us a new sense of responsibility about conatagious diseases, right? It used to just be something that happens. And it is still somewhat hard to control. Be well

As of late my dad has not been doing very well. On Monday, I had to call 911 because he was having difficulty walking, standing up, and doing other things. Because he is a heavy drinker we knew that his liver was bad--which was confirmed at the ER. However, what the family did not expect was that my dad had tested positive for Covid. We were all shocked as my dad never goes anywhere, let alone outside. So, we all got tested ourselves, and so fat everybody has tested negative, including myself. We also requested that my dad be retested in hopes that it is a false positive.

I live with my dad, and because I have been sick myself for the last few weeks, my aunt wants me to be retested to make sure that I do not have the virus. At first I thought I was sick as a result of the vaccines, but maybe I may have something else. I was told that I need to go back to my doctor and get tested for strep, (which I turned down earlier today,) and find out what exactly I have. Although the majority of my symptoms have gone away, I still have a lingering cough and have thrown up twice within the last week.

I am very worried because I may have given my dad something. Within the last few weeks I have had a cough, a sore throat, and a fever for a few days which got up to 102.5 degrees. My chest also hurts when I cough. Because I tested negative for the flu and Covid, I thought that maybe I was sick from the vaccines, or perhaps maybe I might have bronchitis. I do not know what to do. I am trying not to get too worked up over it. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

TW16
Hi tw

A very similar situation happened to a friend of mine
He lives with his family and his mother in law and father in law in an annexe
To this day we have no idea how they got covid nobody went out apart from my friend and nobody went in and my friend has never tested positive neither has anyone else.

It's an illness we don't have all the answers to , I feel for you and I hope your all better really soon

Peace
HL

I'm sorry you are going through that, all of that.

I would be more than worried myself so you are totally valid. For me, the hard part would be to focus on the things I can control. Look to the facts and wait for more facts.

It's not a fact that you passed covid onto your dad, ya know? Of you can suspect but don't let that thought overwhelm or cloud your head.

Do the best you can and prepare questions for tour Dr's and your Dads. A timeline is always great to keep handy for the dr's too, knowing the timeframe without guessing in the office can mean the world of difference in treatment.

Take care of yourself too so you can be there for your fam.

Thinking of you.
Ct

I just got am update from my dad's doctor's saying that they tested him two more times for Covid, and those tests came back negative. So, evidently it was a false positive when my dad was first tested.

TW16

My dad is coming home from the hospital today. After having a meeting regarding my dad's care; it was decided to send my dad home with hospice. This is because my dad is refusing to do what his doctors want him to do. As a result, it is estimated that my dad has less than a month to live. This is very sad because if my dad would do what he needs to do, then he could live another year or two.

Because my dad needs round the clock care, I am trying to decide if I ought to continue working, or take an unpaid personal leave of absence to care for my dad--after all, I do live with him. My family can help out and take shifts helping my dad, but we do not know yet who can do what, when.

TW16

TW, I am so sorry for everything you're dealing with. Follow your instincts with your dad as every minute is precious. Mine didn't listen to doctors either, and one day he just didn't come back from work. He was only 40, and I still miss him.

My dad's health is getting worse a lot more quickly than I had thought. I did not think it would go this fast. After my sister and her husband, and I helped him get to the bathroom and stuff, I went into another room and broke down for the first time as reality began to sink in. And here it is four o'clock in the morning as my sister had to wake me up to help her and her husband with our dad again. I wish I could go back to sleep and wake up again to everything being back to normal and this only being a bad dream.

TW16

I am so sorry for you TW 16. I am sending you strength and good thoughts.

All day I have been at my dad's place with family and friends coming to visit as my dad's death is imminent. It is so hard to see him die; I want to leave and have someone call me when he goes, but at the same time, I want to be here with him. How do you deal with something like this?

TW16

All day I have been at my dad's place with family and friends coming to visit as my dad's death is imminent. It is so hard to see him die; I want to leave and have someone call me when he goes, but at the same time, I want to be here with him. How do you deal with something like this?

TW16
Hi tw

I think all we can do to deal with these situations is get through hour by hour , do what we feel is best and if that changes then let it

I'm really sorry for what you face TW

Wishing for comfort for you at this time

HL

TW, it is difficult, but remember there is no "right or wrong" at a time like this. The best thing is that you're there.

And we are here for you.

Henry

My dad passed away this morning just before one o'clock. Me, My siblings, and their spouses were there when he went. I feel so numb about it all right now.

TW16

(((((TW))))) I am here for you. I am so sorry. I am crying for you so if you are too numb to cry, I got it covered.

So sorry for your loss.

So sorry TW. I hope being with family is comforting for you. Thanks for keeping us abreast of what was happening. Take care and reach out if you need support.