Free Help in NYC

Free Help in NYC

Chris4TheMill

Registrant
I just learned about this organization from a post by a PTSD group. I can't vouch for the organization because I have not had experience with them personally. But it's a non-profit and it looks like they have healing circles that are free to join.

If you're interested, look at the site and give them a call if you want further info.

Hidden Water NYC

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Chris4themill

Thanks for that I will go and look later today.

Esterio

I just saw this post. Thanks. I'm looking into it.

Ed

according to the website, they are now accepting people WORLDWIDE:

though in-person sessions are in NYC, they offer several on-line groups.

Last edited:
I did a 14 week group with them and it was phenomenal. Before the pandemic, they had a mix of online and in-person groups which allowed them to invite people from anywhere to participate. It is, in fact, totally free. I can only vouch for the group that I experienced but it was a very profound experience that allowed me to be with some of my scariest feelings in an environment of safety. It's not a substitute for therapy but it's a huge complement to it. They're full for the Spring but, if you are interested, I recommend that you get on the waiting list for the Fall. One thing that is unique about them is that they not only have groups for survivors. They also have groups for Family members, Parents who allowed abuse to happen and for Perpetrators. It's a very simple format but very powerful.

I did a 14 week group with them and it was phenomenal. Before the pandemic, they had a mix of online and in-person groups which allowed them to invite people from anywhere to participate. It is, in fact, totally free. I can only vouch for the group that I experienced but it was a very profound experience that allowed me to be with some of my scariest feelings in an environment of safety. It's not a substitute for therapy but it's a huge complement to it. They're full for the Spring but, if you are interested, I recommend that you get on the waiting list for the Fall. One thing that is unique about them is that they not only have groups for survivors. They also have groups for Family members, Parents who allowed abuse to happen and for Perpetrators. It's a very simple format but very powerful.
Great resource. Wish they had spots open for Spring.

seeking_safety

I'm doing the group with them now and find it to be a great resource. I want to do more. I want to build a group for guys like their group. I like that it's not therapy or a 12 step group but focused on healing. I'm halfway through the group that I've been a part of and I will speak to them about whether they might support a male group but I am looking to develop a closed group of male survivors that are committed to a period of time and focused on what their current healing from abuse is looking like. It has really balanced me out with it's no pressure approach and no therapist guiding it. It has let me just be as I am.

seeking_safety

I'm doing the group with them now and find it to be a great resource. I want to do more. I want to build a group for guys like their group. I like that it's not therapy or a 12 step group but focused on healing. I'm halfway through the group that I've been a part of and I will speak to them about whether they might support a male group but I am looking to develop a closed group of male survivors that are committed to a period of time and focused on what their current healing from abuse is looking like. It has really balanced me out with it's no pressure approach and no therapist guiding it. It has let me just be as I am.
Hi EdfromNYC -
I am a circle keeper with Hidden Water now and we plan to have a men's green circle (for men who were sexually abused as kids) in January ( with myself and another man as circle keepers). If you'd like to be a part of that group, I recommend that you put your name in now.

So glad that you're finding it helpful. I have found it to be an extraordinary help for me. No idea if it interests you to get the keeper training, but I recommend that as well (whether you use it in Hidden Water or elsewhere).

Hi EdfromNYC -
I am a circle keeper with Hidden Water now and we plan to have a men's green circle (for men who were sexually abused as kids) in January ( with myself and another man as circle keepers). If you'd like to be a part of that group, I recommend that you put your name in now.

So glad that you're finding it helpful. I have found it to be an extraordinary help for me. No idea if it interests you to get the keeper training, but I recommend that as well (whether you use it in Hidden Water or elsewhere).
Thanks. I wanted to keep it going so it's really good to know that a men's group is starting. I will reach out. And as far as the training goes, this is the first I'm hearing of it but I assumed there might be some mention as some point. I've "moderated" other groups and I can see how this can benefit in other areas too.

I'm meeting in my circle tonight and will bring this stuff up and then follow up.

Thanks again.