Songs that bless and heal

Songs that bless and heal

Sawyer49

Registrant
Music and songs and words have always been an integral part of my story, and they continue to be. Whenever I find one that touches me and moves my heart I have to share with others that are here, that have walked a path or walking a path that I have walked. I ran across one today that hit my heart and helped my heart this morning, I hope it helps you as it is helping me.

The song can be found on you tube by artist Leeland - Better word the lyrics are posted below

Better Word
Leeland
Your blood is healing every wound
Your blood is making all things new
Your blood speaks a better word
Do you believe it?
Your blood, the measure of my worth
Your blood, more than I deserve
Your blood speaks a better word
Speaks a better word
It's singing
It's singing out with life
It's shouting down the lies, ayy
Oh, it echoes through the night
The precious blood of Christ
Speaks a better word, speaks a better word
Your blood
Your blood, a robe of righteousness
Your blood, my hope, my hope and my defense
Your blood forever, forever covers me
Oh, forever covers me, yeah
It's singing
It's shouting down the lies
It echoes
It echoes through the night
Speaks a better word, yeah, speaks a better word
It's calling
It's calling out my name
Whoah, and it's breaking every chain, yeah
Oh, it's making all things right
Speaks a better word, it speaks a better word
Yes, it does, yes, it does
Oh, it speaks a better word
Speaking life over me
It's rewriting my history
It covers me with destiny, yes, it does
It's making all things right
It's rewriting my history, yeah, yeah, yeah
It covers me with destiny
Oh, it covers me with destiny
Oh, it covers me with destiny, yeah
Come on
It's shouting down the lies
It echoes through the night
Oh, it echoes through the night
Speaks a better word, ayy, it speaks a better word
It's calling
And it's calling out my name
And it's breaking every chain
And it's making all things right
Speaks a better word, speaks a better word, yeah
Whoah, whoah
Whoah, whoah
Come on we gotta sing that again
Come on prophesy, ayy
Whoah, whoah
Whoah, whoah
Yes, it does, yes, it does
Hallelujah
Speaking a better word, yes, He is
He's making all things right, right now
Reconciled by the blood of Christ

Thanks for this. I like Leeland but had never heard this song. The hardest part of my journey has been the sense of betrayal I feel from Jesus for letting my CSA happen. How can I reconcile Him letting the CSA happen with his willingness to take the horror of that and every other CSA onto himself on the cross? I know that His blood speaks louder than the CSA. I just want to feel that truth.

Thanks again for posting.

Thanks for this. I like Leeland but had never heard this song. The hardest part of my journey has been the sense of betrayal I feel from Jesus for letting my CSA happen. How can I reconcile Him letting the CSA happen with his willingness to take the horror of that and every other CSA onto himself on the cross? I know that His blood speaks louder than the CSA. I just want to feel that truth.

Thanks again for posting.
Greg, it is really difficult to comprehend why He did not stop it - He could have - I often think that about my own situation, about my dads untimely death, I can tell you this from the times that I have questioned Him I talk to Christ about these feelings I spend alot of time in prayer about things like this trying to understand all of it. I am not sure there is an answer to the why's that will satisfy our soul more than the who of who He is to us. I know this because of the fact that I went through this I am able to talk to men here from the perspective of knowing a little bit about what they went through. I do believe He rewrites our history, I do believe He has the ability to make us new - to make us a new living being, He said in the garden when He realized that He was going to become sin in our place if there is a way for this not to happen please take it from me. He knows what pain we were in wishing things had not happened but He also knows that He had to go to the cross to reach us- and He did it for us. He reached us became sin and in that moment He created a path for us to be made righteous to be made whole to reconcile us to have this relationship with our Heavenly Father. There will be a time ahead that we will see Him face to face and He will physically dry our tears and comfort us but He does not want you to think that you have to wait till youare in His physical presence to feel His comfort. Because of the love He has for us that He reached out we are made righteous, we are a new creation in Him and He calls us Friend.

I will be praying for you on your journey of faith, asking those questions has brought me many times to my knees before Him and engaged with Him in conversation in my life. He answers our prayers and speaks to us to our souls. I will be praying that this song will help cut through the noise we hear in our heads - about not being enough or about Him not caring enough because that is not true. He did care enough to die for us. He does love us. Like it says not only is He rewriting our history but He covers us in Destiny.

Sincerely in prayer -

Sawyer

Dear Greg and Sawyer:

Prior to seeing this post, I had never heard this song nor had I ever heard of Leland.
Thank you for your question and sharing your yearning to "feel that truth", Greg.
Thank you for sharing. Sawyer, your words are beautiful – many of your words could have been spoken/written by me as I, too, have lived them…

So many times, when I first began to become fully aware of what I lived through as a child, I cried out in anguish: “why”? Why did you let this happen, why was I the one who was raped, why did the rapist choose me, why did my mother’s friend bring me to him, why did no one stop this from happening, why did no one bring this rapist to justice? Why did my mother molest us (my brother and me), why didn’t she love us? And so many more questions… but, when I was brought to the lowest place of despair, God comforted me, gave me peace and explained everything to me in a way that made perfect sense and gave me perfect peace that surpasses all understanding… It is a peace that I know I am called to live in moment by moment, but sadly I do not, yet I have faith – and firsthand experience – that God does love me – for God is love. My job is to believe (i.e. TRUST) God to do it for me, i.e. to be the branch so that God, the vine, can live in me. I know this in my spirit; I cannot put it into words because even though God spoke to me, it was with beautiful Words that I received via “…direct cognition, a way of knowing not mediated through language.”

I instantly gained an understanding of these events that left me at peace with these situations and with everyone who was involved in these situations.

The experience ended with me being held by him and waking up in the bed where he left me next to my wife. This experience “jogged me out of my despair” so to speak.

While I cannot recall the “words” spoken to me during this event – it was as if He was speaking a mile a minute yet I understood every word.

I was left with these thoughts (these are not His words, but a sense that was left with me:
  • we are all called to be “God’s agents” to "... feel the suffering and pain of the world and respond to it." To live the words “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
    • I feel He told me to make a plan, and stick to it – a plan for life, a plan to follow Him, to abide with Him, to know that “I am my brother’s keeper” as we are all intended to be.

So, there is much darkness to dispel, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.

Bless these bones bless this skin
All of me and the mess I'm in
Yeah the mess I'm in but I don't care
Don't know where I've been but I'll get me there

I'm alive yeah and it's alright

Power to the meek and power to speak
I got the power within me yeah yeah
Power to the shine in my worn out shoes
Power to me power to you

Bless this head bless this hair
Bless me to the dirt in my fingernails yeah
Bless this day bless this night