What do I say to a survivor?

What do I say to a survivor?
"I'll be back in full unstoppable force once the protection order is in place and the hearing completed."

To which I say, Bravo! Awesome!

MaleSurvivor believes that there are 3 necessary elements that make healing from many kinds of abuse and trauma possible: Hope, Healing, & Support.
And you'll find all three here on MS.
It is very likely that the message may take time to sink in, but over time and repetition, the message that healing is possible can take root.
It took me 37 years and 12 years here on MS to finally open up to my kids. My wife has known that I was abused since I fell apart 12 years ago but now, she knows a lot more about what went on. But over time and repetition...

The "Seeds" or "Keys" of Hope Many people struggle with knowing what to say to survivors, especially when a survivor is just beginning to disclose. For survivors, it can be frustrating to hear that hope is possible while they continue to struggle with painful memories and feelings. For healing partners, it is often stressful to feel like they dont know how to respond when a survivor shares with them. MaleSurvivor believes that there are 3 necessary elements that make healing from many kinds of abuse and trauma possible: Hope, Healing, & Support. Each term means something specific within the context of recovery. Hope means the knowledge that a survivor is not alone, and that recovery is possible. Healingis the proactive effort to commit to doing the hard work of healing. And Support is both the professional and personal support survivors need from others that helps recharge and encourage us. Far from being the "right" thing to say (there is no such thing, sadly), these messages are key points that, for many survivors, are important to hear over and over again. It is very likely that the message may take time to sink in, but over time and repetition, the message that healing is possible can take root. As many of you know, MaleSurvivor provides many world-class resources like this website and discussion forum community to men who have been sexually abused and their loved ones free of charge. Every year over 100,000 users come to this website, accessing more than 2 million pages of content. If the information in this post, or anything here on the website, has been helpful to you, please make a donation to MaleSurvivor today. If everyone who read this post made just one $10 donation, MaleSurvivor's financial future would be solidified for years to come.