To Healing Circle Participants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomalous

Staff member
To current and prospective Healing Circle (HC) participants:

The Healing Circle is a valuable tool for many survivors. It takes dedicated emotional investment and trust on the part of all participants as well as the moderator, and yet accessing it ultimately costs nothing more than an internet connection and a commitment to being on time. I am a firm believer in flexibility, and I certainly understand that other obligations may make on-time participation for some impossible. But what began as a timely arrival of most participants has devolved into a clear trend of tardiness that has increased significantly in both frequency and measure.

Unfortunately it has gotten to the point that it has had a powerful disrupting impact on the group, and on the sense of fairness to those who show up in a timely manner. Over the past several months, due to a lack of participants’ timely arrival in the lounge, there have been multiple cancellations

Each of you is integral to making this work. When some of you are too late so there can be a Healing Circle, you are depriving each other of much needed support, and you are discouraging others from participating. Please try to be on time so that each of you can benefit from one another's presence.

Accordingly, I would like to ask those who participate in these groups to reconsider our expectations and responsibilities. I will be here in every way I can for anyone who wishes to participate. But I must make clear that:

• It is the responsibility of any prospective participant to be in the chatroom (lounge) no later than fifteen minutes before the start of HC. The lack of a sufficient number of participants by this time will result in the cancellation of the Healing Circle.
  • Ideally, it would be a greater courtesy (albeit unenforced) to everyone to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to an HC session whenever practical. This is especially important to those new to HC, because it allows me the time to help them understand the guidelines, to answer any questions, and to navigate the venue. Ideally, it would be a greater courtesy (albeit unenforced) to everyone to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to an HC session whenever practical. This is especially important to those new to HC, because it allows me the time to help them understand the guidelines, to answer any questions, and to navigate the venue.
  • The door to HC will close on time and will be considered sacred - meaning that the door must remain closed to anyone who arrives late to HC for the remainder of that session unless prior arrangements have been made. There are some who participate but their personal/work schedules preclude them from being here on time, and I will continue to accommodate those situations under pre-arrangement.
Adhering to these guidelines will allow me to be as present as possible for you and everyone else in HC. These are not new rules, but merely a stricter enforcement of existing ones in order to provide a more fulfilling experience for everyone who participates in HC.

Lastly, I have been asked about providing reminders. I feel I should not be expected to extend my responsibilities beyond advertising clearly when these sessions start. It has never been an issue before, and I feel it falls under the purview of each individual’s personal responsibility to set up their own calendars accordingly, just as they would for being on time to work, family event, appointment or any other obligation.

Please use the Time Zone Calculator. Use USA – New York – New York as the “Convert From” Location. Use your location for the “Convert To” location.

The Healing Circle meets on Sundays and Wednesdays, 9 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA.

Any cancellations will be posted as a "sticky" in the Male Survivor Forum.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL NOTICE

The energies of the moderator team are being increasingly focused on the transition to a new forum and chat platform for MaleSurvivor. Accordingly, we will be suspending HC until after the transition, expected to be completed in mid-late February. I plan to resume HC but we ask for your patience while we install, configure and learn the new software. Because of the variables involved in each of those tasks, I cannot state at this time a specific date that HC will resume, but will provide those details once we have settled down in our new "groove."

Thank you for your understanding.

Anomalous
HC Coordinator and Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.