Learning to trust women

Learning to trust women
Finding a good social environment is a good idea in principle, unfortunately its become obvious that moving to the new town as my lady and I did in 2017 was a major mistake, as there is literally nothing here and the only place there might conceivably be anything is Nottingham, a town the very smell of which or sound of people's accents I find triggering.

This is probably why I am so affected by the misandry on the news or media I run across, since basically I'm not interacting with very many decent people, that and my own parent issues which are probably another topic entirely.

Its odd, just as I think things are dying down a little I'll across something else triggering, in recent media, in the news, heck I was shocked recently when I realised how surprised I was to find a fantasy novel (alison Sinclair's darkborn), written in 2011 where the two male lead characters are stable, gentle and compassionate, and the principle female character is actually most heavily flawed, particularly since she's someone who both complains about the restrictions placed on women in the regency society she lives in, and then will use her status as "A lady" to her advantage and feel slighted if someone doesn't "respect her gentility"

Again Sinclair is an exceptionally good character writer 3 dimensional characters as people, but what's shocking is how unusual this now seems, even though it wasn't that long ago.v

Im really scared of women.
I don't know what to do....
I hope you don't mind me writing here DE.
Don't know who to trust. I have one friend ( who I hope I never lose).
Women scare me.
This is boring, sorry.
Thanks for letting me share.
James

@Sterling Yep, contrary to popular opinion, women can be scary, especially with all the social protection involved.

for me, it was always about the fear of becoming an abuser, I was certain that if I so much as touched a woman's arm I was being a creep. I could have female friends, but only as long as I basically forgot entirely about the fact they were female and as long as we were interacting in an exclusively none gendered environment, such as a university. Then I got out into the world realised just how tribal people were and that I didn't really fit in anywhere.

For me, it helped when I could stop thinking of women as "women!" and thus potential abusers, and more easily just think about them as people, as I said in my earlier post about my experiences performing, indeed its sort of ironic that I originally met my wife on a mailing list, and she didn't actually know whether I was male or not.

So yes, I definitely get it, and no its not easy, especially now.