Cannot Get Into Other Rooms in Chat

Cannot Get Into Other Rooms in Chat

Chris4TheMill

Registrant
Hi all,

About a week ago, I was trying to get into one of the other chat rooms, the Treehouse. The person I was hoping to chat with there was trying to help me, but nothing was working. It seems that for me, the buttons for all the other rooms are always greyed out. So even if I click on them, nothing happens, they are not active for me.

I don't have a problem getting into HC when sent an invite. However when the member helping me with the Treehouse tried to send an invite, I was not receiving it.

Could this be a browser issue? It happens though whether I use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.

If not browser, what could be causing this? I use the most up to date version of Windows 10 on my laptop. maybe a Firewall issue?
Any way, I am not able to figure it out myself, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm not sure Chris, but wanted to let you know I see what you're asking. I use W10 with IE on my laptop, it's slow, but still has active rooms. I just checked. Did you change defaults, or have you avoided upgrades? I haven't so I thought that might be a consideration? I don't like Edge and have never used it. My laptop is so slow, that even Chrome has issues, so I stick to my old IE. It eventually loads, and two open windows don't seem to lock up. More though...

There are some techies around here, I hope they might know why the Treehouse is gray?

Ceremony,

Thanks for wrapping your mind around this one. About some of your questions, I have a very up-to-date laptop that is fast.
I could try IE - the only thing is, at my last job I remember the head of I.T. saying he didn't want us to use IE because he didn't think it was the safest browser to use.

Not sure of his reasoning - he was not a nice guy so conversations with him didn't always go too far.

I used to use IE though, I could try it again if that is the issue. I don't like using Firefox so would prefer to use IE over Firefox.
Outside of that, I wonder why other guys don't seem to have this same issue?