Boys and Men Healing 10 min clip

Boys and Men Healing 10 min clip
They have released a 10 min clip from Kathy Barbari (Big Voice Pictures).

http://blip.tv/file/3896810

This clip is so right on the money/emotions. I cried!!!!

I have a passion to do what one the survivor is doing.

A

had to delete

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like an incredibly powerful documentary. That 10 min clip was hard to watch, but so validating. Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it.

p.s. I cried too Avery.

Thank you for sharing this clip...ditto on the validating.

It's a Long Way There (Little River Band)

island

Thank you for all your responses to Boys and Men Healing. We did this film
because I'm a mother with a young boy, and also a filmmaker. I felt the calling to bring this issue to light, and help men sexually abused as boys to have a voice. We just found out Tony, one of the men in our film, will be on the panel of the Oprah Show which airs November 5th. I believe that this decade is the time for much needed change, and time for justice.

With all the outreach we are doing to use the film to make change, I am inspired by so many men I have met who are the most amazing individuals who are so brave and so real. I have also been inspired by how men are helping one another to heal, who bring much hope and strength to one another.

Thank you all!
Kathy

Hi, my brothers.

Ken, thanks for sharing this with me.

I can see myself in hem.

Pretty powerful indeed.

"I will take my lost boys hand and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As He is Me.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

In spite of all the progress that I have made over these past three years, I still had a difficult time watching the clip. It appears that Kathy Barbari did a wonderful job presenting the material in a caring and compasionate manner. Hearing and seeing the pain that others have experienced is very moving and powerful. It is so easy to sometimes place your own pain out- of- sight and out-of- mind, that is, until you witness the pain of others. Then, it all comes rushing back again.

Dan

Thanks, Ken.

This was validating, though I cried to, well...still on the inside. I'm managing tears now though. I have got a long way to go. I hate the way I feel. But I know God is with me.

Thanks for making it available.

Navi

== triggers ===

I just received my copy of the DVD yesterday & watched the entire documentary last night. It's very well made and edifying. A big surprise is that two of the survivors had experiences similar to mine (violent rape) and the North Carolina psychologist even remembered a pillow in his face, same as me. We all know there are thousands of silent survivors out there with stories like ours, but there's a sense in which it's good to actually hear that the abuse was "nothing personal," it was about the perpetrators, not about us. And I enjoyed the upbeat attitude and constructive activism of the New Jersey survivor.

"The blame belongs there, not here"...
I shut others out when I feel they are getting to close..sounds like it is a normal responce..
I will watch this again..

Check your local public libraries for copies of the dvd. I checked it out and it was how I was able to find this website through references at the end and on the cover. The video helps to awaken a sense of awareness for many of us that are walking around dealing with the same issues, but don't get to verbalize nor visualize it. I am proud of the 3 depicted survivors and the filmmakers that helped to realize the documentary. There really could be several volumes of this dvd . . . just reading the survivor stories so far on this website . . . . there's a lot of work to be done.